First step in the plan is the removal of my added-in through-mount cabling. I opened the access hatch and carefully removed:
- USB cable to the QSI camera
- Power cable to the QSI camera
- RJ-11 cable to the focuser motor
The other cables in there were installed by the manufacturer and I assume they’re OK. My added-in cables were tangled, and I could easily imagine that they were contributing to drag.
I started re-cabling the mount with external cables run along the outside, and held in place by velcro straps. However, I didn’t finish the job, as I was driven indoors by mosquitoes. I’ll finish this job on the next available night.